Monday 27 August 2012

Waterperry Gardens

Last week I met up with my sister and we visited the lovely Waterperry Gardens in Oxfordshire. Luckily, we happened to go on one of the few days recently that have not been plagued by monsoon-like showers. In fact, I managed to get a little sunburnt!

We had a nice lunch in the cafe and then went for a wander around the gardens. They were very beautifully arranged, with a great variety of colours, heights, textures and shapes. The breeze added movement to the grasses and water features created sound.






I took some close-up photos of some interesting flowers. Their colours are not entirely to my taste but I was fascinated by the striking contrasts that the flowers show. 



They reminded me of the warning displays of wasps and other creatures!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...