Week 4 has sped by again with more complications than I would have liked, but I have, at least, finally completed my sample. This sample fills my first piece of linen...
As there were fewer variations to work through, I managed to experiment a little with the stitch. I enjoyed this one - this stitch has given me a few ideas to work on when I get a spare minute!
I started off well but soon got a bit bogged down with the basic stitch. It reminds me a little of ribs and a backbone!
I liked the look of the basic stitch but it wouldn't have made a very inspiring sample so I had a go at a version with a wavy 'backbone' before realising I could also cross the 'ribs', make them meet and make them more random...
|Angled ribs and meeting ribs|
|1) Ribs meeting, 2) Irregular ribs 3) Crossed ribs 4) Interlocking ribs|
I enjoyed playing with this stitch a little and must make time to experiment further.
I have had a chance to look through everyone's work, at last, and would like to share a couple of my favourites: beautiful colours at over ArtWhiz and such intricate stitching from Masha Novoselova