Friday 22 July 2011

New camera

I have been meaning to buy a new digital camera for AGES! Taking photos of miniatures is very difficult and my current tools are just not up to the job! I have a lovely point-and-click camera (whose only downfall is needing a film) and an old digital camera that takes reasonable snaps but cannot cope with close ups of small furry creations.

For a long time I have been relying on friends and family with SLR cameras to help me take photos of my bears but I can't continue to postpone listings until I can arrange a meeting with a camera... erm, I mean friend!

So, after much deliberation, I have finally ordered and received my new digital camera. I have trawled on-line reviews and have sought advice from camera shops. I have sifted through often conflicting opinions on the hundreds of cameras available. And what have I chosen? A Panasonic LUMIX FS16. To be honest this decision was driven by desperation as much as anything else but so far I am happy with the decision.

It arrived in the post yesterday and after waiting impatiently for the battery to charge I was finally able to start taking photos with my new toy! 

 

So far I have experimented with the macro settings and the macro zoom with great success. The camera picks up the sparkle on the bear's tiny hairs, the detail in the accessories and the image stabilisation makes the picture beautifully clear.


In short, I love it! Can't believe I waited so long! The photos on this blog will be all the better for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...