Wednesday 31 August 2011

Flower inspirations

It is not often that I can say that flowers have inspired my work. 

This beautiful little flower, growing happily in a meadow garden in Avranches in France, may prove to be the exception. I think it is some form of Cranesbill, or wild Geranium. I just love the striking contrast between the crisp white and the deep purple...


And these delicate Hydrangea flowers with their butterfly-like blossom...



And last but not least a bright little flower, Meadow Saffron, nestling in the shade of Westonbirt Arboretum's native woodland...


These small sparks of colour and beauty have found a place amongst the other ideas that float around inside my head. One day they may just form themselves into a new creation - when they do I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...