Thursday 11 August 2011

This week...

This week, I have mostly been falling in love... with Liberty fabrics!

Once again I have been raiding my mum's immense fabric collection: this time for scraps to cover buttons. It's so hard to make decisions when it comes to fabric (and I'm not the most decisive person at the best of times!) but it became even more difficult after a rummage in the precious Liberty scraps box. That was it. Suddenly I understood the fascination: the pretty, intricate designs; the gorgeous feel of the fabric; the lovely colours. I'm surprised Mum could bear to part with any of it!

I came away with my haul and have been experimenting this week. I decided hair clips would be an easier starting point than buttons (slightly less fiddly but still small enough to use the little scraps of fabric).


The fabric is such a delight to work with. It is light enough to be used for delicate projects (adding little bulk at the seams) and yet strong enough to hold its shape without stretching or fraying.


The intricate patterns really come into their own on a small project.



And the new camera really does take great close-ups. So much better than my old one!



I love it! I'm looking around now for other projects to play with!

It's a shame that it's too light a fabric to make bears from... although I'm sure some of my bears wouldn't object too much to a little Liberty fabric outfit...

1 comment:

  1. Oooh - the hair clips have worked very well. They're lovely! How did I agree to part with all those lovely scraps? You must have caught me at a weak moment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...