Friday 8 June 2012

30 Days of Creativity - Day 8

A super quick post today. Today I challenged myself to a spot of crochet. I'm a relatively new crochet fan (completely self taught from online tutorials!) and I am always looking to expand my skills.

So I decided I'd have a go at a pattern I've wanted to try for ages. Only problem with this particular pattern is that it's in French. Mum bought me this book a little while ago...


... and I've been wanting to attempt this pattern in particular...


...Irish rose buttons.

 Here is the finished article...

Front view

Back view

As you can see, it's not on a button. Reading the pattern in French beat me. I got the tension wrong so it's come out bigger than planned. I had to unpick and re-make several times before reaching this point. I just could not work out how to turn and do the reverse (which would have held it to a button). 

So I am left with a crocheted Irish rose. It's quite pretty though and I'm glad it's finished! 
 
(And before anyone asks, yes, I do know this book is available in English!)

See what everyone else has achieved here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...