A super quick post today. Today I challenged myself to a spot of crochet. I'm a relatively new crochet fan (completely self taught from online tutorials!) and I am always looking to expand my skills.
So I decided I'd have a go at a pattern I've wanted to try for ages. Only problem with this particular pattern is that it's in French. Mum bought me this book a little while ago...
... and I've been wanting to attempt this pattern in particular...
...Irish rose buttons.
Here is the finished article...
As you can see, it's not on a button. Reading the pattern in French beat me. I got the tension wrong so it's come out bigger than planned. I had to unpick and re-make several times before reaching this point. I just could not work out how to turn and do the reverse (which would have held it to a button).
So I am left with a crocheted Irish rose. It's quite pretty though and I'm glad it's finished!
(And before anyone asks, yes, I do know this book is available in English!)
See what everyone else has achieved here.